Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Full Trading Name: Jorvik Motor Leasing Limited
Company Reg. No.: 8368853
BVRLA Reg. No.: 1999
VAT No.: 154 8824 83
ICO Registration No.: Z3532245
Registered Office: 8 Marsden Business Park, James Nicholson Link, Clifton Moor, York, YO30 4WX
Trading Address: 7 Coda Avenue, Bishopthorpe, York, YO23 2SE
Financial Conduct Authority Licence Number: 712603
1. These Terms and Conditions (“Conditions”) apply between you and Jorvik Motor Leasing Ltd, (“we”, “us” and “our” as appropriate) for the sourcing by us via various funding options of motor vehicles as shown on our website or in other direct communications with you, and as supplied by recommended motor vehicle dealers/manufacturers.
2. This quotation is valid for 28 days from the date of issue unless otherwise specified.
3. The prices shown are subject to manufacturer’s and/or dealer price changes, changes in interest rates and any changes in government legislation. These are outside our control.
4. Manufacturer lead times can change and delays sometimes occur. This is outside of our control and we will keep you updated regularly on the status of your order.
5. Mileage shown is an annual mileage (12 months from the date your lease commences). If you exceed your total mileage contract at the end of your lease period, excess mileage charges will be applied by the leasing company as detailed in your quote.
6. If you choose to not take the servicing/maintenance package provided by the leasing company, you are responsible for having the vehicle serviced in accordance with the manufacturer’s schedule. The vehicle must be returned to the leasing company in roadworthy condition with tyres at the legal limit and a valid MOT certificate (if required). Should the vehicle not be returned in a roadworthy state (in accordance with the British Vehicle Rental Leasing Association’s Fair Wear & Tear Guide – found at www.bvrla.co.uk) you may be charged by the leasing company.
7. If you have chosen the Maintenance option provided by your leasing company (or any third party we have introduced you to), you are responsible for arranging the service directly with them.
8. Maintenance of your vehicle can be provided by a third party. Should this be the case, an additional Master Hire Agreement must be signed and an extra Direct Debit mandate must be signed.
9. Jorvik Motor Leasing Limited can introduce you to a number of finance providers. We may receive a remuneration should you enter into an agreement with them.
10. Should your application for finance fail to be passed with the leasing provider, we will discuss with you before applying for funding with a different funder. Be aware that additional applications will mean another footprint on your credit file.
11. Should the vehicle you lease be fitted with a DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) or DEF (Diesel Exhaust Fluid) system or “Adblue”, Jorvik Motor Leasing Limited cannot be held liable for incorrect usage. You are responsible for adhering to the manufacturer’s instructions.
12. Should you cancel your order with us, we reserve the right to charge you a fee based on our costs plus any cancellation fee charged by the dealer supplying the vehicle and / or third party suppliers in relation to your order.
13. The terms of your lease or annual mileage limit on certain products may be able to be changed with the leasing company up until the final 6 months of your agreement. This is not applicable to all products and there may be charges for any amendments to your contract. Not all mileage limits can be amended; please ensure you plan your mileage accurately before you enter in to an agreement.
14. It is your responsibility to register your vehicle, if a low emitting vehicle, with the DVLA for any waiver of fees, eg. London Congestion Charge. You will be responsible for the cost of any fines, plus administration fees imposed by the leasing company, due to a failure to register the vehicle.
15. It is your responsibility to pay for any fines resulting from any traffic infringement penalties. This should be paid directly to the authority which issued the fine. Should any fines be forwarded to your leasing company, they will pay the fine and recharge this to you along with their administration fee.
16. Private individuals, sole traders and partnerships with less than 4 partners are required to complete a cooling off period prior to taking delivery of their vehicle. You will also be asked to provide two proofs of identity (eg. utility bill dated within the last 90 days) and the photo card of your driving licence.
17. You are responsible for contacting us to arrange collection of your vehicle before the end of your agreement. The leasing occupancy will not automatically initiate contact to collect the vehicle. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange collection. You will be charged should the vehicle not be collected before the end of the agreement.
18. These terms and conditions shall govern our dealings with you and any and all contracts formed between you and us, to the exclusion of any other terms and conditions. No variations to these Conditions will be binding unless agreed in writing between you and us. They are in addition to, and not superseded by, any agreement you enter into with the leasing company concerned. You will be required to sign an agreement with the leasing company before you take delivery of your vehicle.
19. Our employees or agents are not authorised to make any representations concerning Jorvik Motor Leasing Limited’s services to you unless they are confirmed in writing. By entering into a contract with us, you confirm that you do not rely on any such representations which are not so confirmed.
20. Any typographical, clerical or other error or omission in any sales literature, quotation, price list, acceptance of offer, invoice or other documentation or information issued by us shall be
subject to correction without any liability on our part.
21. No order which we have accepted may be cancelled by you except with our written agreement and on terms that you shall indemnify us in full for all costs incurred due to your cancellation.
22. Our prices include VAT if personal leasing and exclude VAT if business leasing. Delivery costs are included (unless otherwise specified) by the dealer to your chosen UK mainland destination and also include number plate, road fund licence (if applicable) and vehicle registration charge.
23. We reserve the right to change the price of the vehicle before or after an order is placed due to reasons outside of our control (eg. manufacturer price increases). We shall notify you of the change and you have the right to withdraw your order if the change is not acceptable.
24. Prices set out on our website, or in any other direct communications with you and in general marketing material issued by us, are for information purposes only and do not constitute an offer by us capable of being accepted by you.
25. The specification of any motor vehicle displayed on our website, or any other marketing material issued by us, is supplied by the vehicle manufacturer or leasing company and formatted for our use. Whilst every effort is made to verify and ensure the accuracy of the data, the information should only be used as a guide and no purchasing decision should be made by you without verification of the latest data from either the manufacturer or a franchised dealer of their vehicles. All images on our website, or other marketing material issued by us, are for illustration purposes only.
26.Once we have received your completed finance documentation (including signed finance agreement accepted by the finance company) and any balance of monies due to be paid, we will arrange delivery of your vehicle to your chosen UK mainland destination.
27. Please be aware that local registration of vehicles is not possible.
28. Should you fail to provide access to the premises needed to make delivery of your vehicle or fail to provide adequate delivery instructions at the time stated for delivery then, without prejudice, the vehicle may be stored until actual delivery and you may be charged for any reasonable costs of storing the vehicle including insurance.
29. Subject as expressly provided in theses terms and conditions and except where you are a person dealing as a consumer (within the meaning of the Unfair Contracts Terms Act 1977 or in amended or replacement legislation) all warranties, conditions or other terms implied by statute or common law are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
30.Where the sale is under a consumer transaction, the statutory rights of the customer are not affected by these conditions.
31. Except in respect of death or personal injury caused by our negligence, we shall not be liable to you by reason of any representation (unless fraudulent) or any implied warranty, condition or other term, or any duty at common law, or under the express terms of the contract, for any indirect, special or inconsequential loss or damage, costs, expenses or other claims for compensation whatsoever (whether caused by the negligence of us, our employees or agents or otherwise) which arise out of or in connection with the supply of services or vehicles, and our entire liability under or in connection with the contract with you shall not exceed the price of the services supplied to you, except as expressly provided in these conditions.
32. We shall not be liable to you or deemed to be in breach of any contract with you by reason of delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of our obligations should the delay or failure be due to any cause beyond our reasonable control.
33. We aim to provide a high standard of customer service and treat all our clients fairly. We consider it important that any complaints are dealt with and resolved quickly to the complete satisfaction of our customers. If you are unhappy with any aspect of our service you can contact us with details of your complaint by telephone: 01904 777422 or by email: email@example.com or in writing to 7 Coda Avenue, Bishopthorpe, York, YO23 2SE. We will endeavour to resolve your concerns in the shortest possible time. However, sometimes this may not be possible. In the unlikely event that we cannot resolve your complaint by the end of the next business day, we will keep you informed of the progress of our investigations and provide our final response in writing along with the action to be taken. We aim to resolve your complaint directly with you but if you are not satisfied with our final response, and you have a regulated consumer contract with us, you may be eligible to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service. This must be done within 6 months of our final response. (See www.financial-ombudsman.co.uk). Unresolved complaints about matters other than an issue with a consumer contract can be referred to the conciliation service offered by the BVRLA (British Vehicle Rental Leasing Association) of which we are a member (See www.bvrla.co.uk). Should you have any queries relating to our Complaints Handling Procedure, please contact Julian Graham who will be happy to assist you.
34. If any provision of these Conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part the validity of the other provisions of these Conditions and the remainder of the provision shall not be affected.
35. The contract with you shall be governed by the laws of England, and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
36. All prices & vehicles shown are subject to availability and status. Finance is subject to status and to persons over 18 years of age only. This does not constitute an offer. Vehicles & finance are only supplied to addresses on mainland UK and the laws governing England & Wales apply. Underwriting guarantees/Indemnities may be required.
37. The finance figures & vehicles shown do not represent an offer to supply credit or supply good or finance.
38. We reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will affect your statutory rights.
39. Orders of motor vehicles are subject to: Formal written acceptance by us, the availability of the motor vehicle concerned and price changes. Upon receipt of your signed order a deposit may be required. Upon receipt of your signed order, we will then place your order with our supplying dealer. Any handwritten amendments to your order will not be acknowledged. By signing your order you agree to proceed with a credit application. The information provided by you will be passed to one of our finance partners who will undertake credit searches with a credit reference agency and a record of this search will be documented on your credit file. Delivery dates are estimates and are subject to change by the manufacturer. Time shall not be of the essence of any contract with you in this respect.
40. We may receive payment should you enter into a contractual agreement with the finance provider we have introduced you to.